Senior Leadership Team
Paul EelesChief Executive of Skills and Education Group
Role: Chief Executive of the Skills and Education Group which comprises ABC Awards, Certa and emfec.
Previous Experience: Paul is a pioneer in further education policy and management with over 30 years’ experience in the post-16 sector, including seven years as a lecturer and 13 years managing work based learning with colleges and independent providers.
Education: Degree in Business Management, specialising in Hotel and Catering Management jointly from The University of Central England and The Birmingham College of Food. Postgraduate Diploma in Training Management from the University of Wolverhampton. Masters in Personnel and Development from the University of Plymouth.
Fiona GrantDirector of
- Role: Director of Awarding Services leading the ABC Awards Directorate.
Previous Experience: Fiona has held senior positions with a number of private training providers. As Director for an accreditation body, she had responsibility for the strategic management and delivery of national and international quality standards. She has worked closely with a number of Government Departments, including the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Department for Work and Pensions and the Department of Health in the design and development of the Matrix Standard, Merlin Standard and Information Standard.
Education: Fiona is a champion of further education, having progressed her career through the achievement of vocational qualifications and continuous professional development. She has trained in Leadership and Management, Business and Finance, Performance Coaching and as an Auditor, Assessor, Tutor, Internal Verifier, External Moderator and ALI Inspector.
Why ABC Awards? Fiona’s motivation comes from her passion for people, learning and development and the positive impacts this can have on individuals, their communities and our future both locally and globally.[–]
Board of Trustees
- Dr Mark Dale - Principal and Chief Executive, Portland College
- Verity Hancock - Principal and Chief Executive, Leicester College
- Eileen Hartley - Chair of Governors, Bilborough College
- Linda Houtby - Chief Executive, Grantham College (Chair)
- Jill Lanning - Former Chief Executive, Federation of Awarding Bodies
- Dr Nigel Leigh - Principal and Chief Executive, Stephenson College (Vice Chair)
- Helen Richardson - Managing Director, Workpays
- Atholl Stott - Chair of Corporation, RNN Group
- Len Tildsley - Principal, Buxton and Leek College
- John Yarham - Chief Executive, Futures Advice, Skills & Employment