About The Qualification
This qualification is the theory component of the Royal Forestry Society RFS Certificate in Forestry. It is also a valuable stand-alone award designed for learners currently working in forestry to complement their experience and formalize professional skills and training. Learners will complete this qualification with a concrete understanding of the following:
- Principles of woodlands, forestry and ecology including the history of woodland/forestry in Great Britain and system and management principles
- The supply, planting and aftercare of woody plants
- Woody plant physiology, structure, and defense mechanisms
- The interaction of soil environments and woody plants
- How to develop a systematic and logical method of inspecting trees, including common and statute law as applicable to tree surgery
Optional units include: Identify and Select Forestry and Woodland Trees for Planting and Principles of Practical Silviculture and Habitat Management
Progression Routes: What's Next?
Learners who achieve this qualification will be able to continue in further education and training related to this area of expertise.
In celebration of Chinese New Year on Friday 16 February 2018, we spoke with some former learners who studied ABC Awards Mandarin Chinese qualifications at Prince Henry’s Grammar School. Joanna […][+] Read More
ABC Awards has worked closely with the Savile Row Bespoke Association and UKFT to develop an exciting national qualification for the fashion and textiles industry. The Level 5 Diploma in Bespoke […][+] Read More
Join us at our Skills and Education Group Annual Conference on 16 May 2018, where we will take a focused and honest look at the further education and skills sector […][+] Read More