About The Qualification
This qualification is the theory component of the Royal Forestry Society RFS Certificate in Forestry. It is also a valuable stand-alone award designed for learners currently working in forestry to complement their experience and formalize professional skills and training. Learners will complete this qualification with a concrete understanding of the following:
- Principles of woodlands, forestry and ecology including the history of woodland/forestry in Great Britain and system and management principles
- The supply, planting and aftercare of woody plants
- Woody plant physiology, structure, and defense mechanisms
- The interaction of soil environments and woody plants
- How to develop a systematic and logical method of inspecting trees, including common and statute law as applicable to tree surgery
Optional units include: Identify and Select Forestry and Woodland Trees for Planting and Principles of Practical Silviculture and Habitat Management
Progression Routes: What's Next?
Learners who achieve this qualification will be able to continue in further education and training related to this area of expertise.
The Youth Education Project, a Not For Profit Social Enterprise, in Leicester has been working with ABC Awards to deliver Motor Vehicle Awards, Certificates and Diplomas, (as well as in […][+] Read More
Thirty one year-old mother of two, Emma Wills, is currently on track to fulfilling her automotive career aspirations after completing her ABC Awards Level 2 Award in MOT testing. Although Emma […][+] Read More
University of Bolton’s Psychology, Psychotherapy & Counselling offers additional certificates as part of the course
University of Bolton’s Psychology, Psychotherapy & Counselling course, ranked in the UK’s top five for teaching quality by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, has embedded […][+] Read More